Overview: Hughes Farming is an award winning 700 acre fresh produce and tillage farm situated in Kilkenny in South East Ireland. The company grows, processes, packs and distributes fresh produce to the retail and wholesale markets in Ireland and exports to Europe and North America.
The Farm: The company operates modern John Deere (6230r, 6175r, 8365rt, 6620), Fendt (828, 716), Deutz, Bateman and Grimme equipment, precision tech throughout including implement guidance. Cropping is based on triple bed system of carrots, parsnips onions, pumpkins, cut flowers, cereals and forage.
The Role: Hughes Farming are currently seeking applications for the role of Skilled Spray Operative. This is a key role within the farm team which carries a large responsibility however offers great opportunities for personal development. The core responsibility of this role would be the operation of the RB 35 Bateman self-propelled sprayer along with other machines used in crop protection, chemical store management and general farm operations when required. This is a fulltime, salaried role with benefits. Reporting to the Farm Manager, the ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of growing root crops, fresh produce and/or cereals.
- Have strong machine operation experience and maintenance skills
- Have a high attention to detail and an ability to problem solve
- Can work under own initiative and be a team player.
- Hold a relevant qualification in crop production and /or be a registered spray operator. (Qualifications are not essential as training can be given for the right candidate).
Applications: Closing date for applications is 30th September. Please send your CV or any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org